Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been real busy lately, I am extending my shop and that has lead onto a fair bit of landscaping and muck moving, so the last couple of weekends I have been driving tractors and diggers, I had 30 tons of crushed concrete to move and that took the best part of the day and to be honest I woke up this morning and felt older than my years ! so I thought I deserved a day off.

I have recently got my latest buy 1955 Chevy 4400 car hauler registered and taxed, and I have been waiting for my new number plates to arrive, so I decided to take her out for a spin, I made some plates on the PC and laminated them, stuck them front and back and headed off for my first proper drive.

I am so pleased, she drives brilliantly, the gears took a few changes to get used to ( as they are in my right hand - not left) the Big block runs sweet, the exhaust is a tad noisy ( which I like) I did get a few odd looks when I stopped for gas at the station, and one old guy came over for a chat which was nice, the only fault I found is that the seat needs to be a couple of inches higher as the pedals seem to sit high.

I am loving it - and can not wait to get the cab painted.

Thanks for letting me share.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool old truck ....I bet it's a blast to drive.....:happy0030:
It realy is, I like it more than my panel - but that maybe the novelty of a stick shift, amazing how powerful the big block is - it weighs in at 3 ton, but pulls like a train.

Took it out again today just for the drive, not a word we use over here very often but she is truly AWESOME::D

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
It realy is, I like it more than my panel - but that maybe the novelty of a stick shift, amazing how powerful the big block is - it weighs in at 3 ton, but pulls like a train.

Took it out again today just for the drive, not a word we use over here very often but she is truly AWESOME::D
:happy0030: thanks for keepn us posted , sounds like a great truck

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
The power from that big block must be AWESOME and fun to have in that big truck. Just enjoy, drive it all you can. Later, Charles :blowtiedb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts