Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pick up my father inlaw to hit a car show. Two blocks from his house my car made a loud banging noise from the rear that scared the s**t out of me.
I pulled over to take a look & found a screwdriver sticking out of my sidewall :eek:. No it could'nt of gone into the treads but the sidewall, the tires are like new. Very little damadge to the quarter panel, just a nick.
So lucky I had 2 spares but they are smaller & very little air in them. Time I swaped it out & got air in it, I missed the car show. Ya got a late start to the car show cuz I waited for my car parts at local auto parts store( they said would be in & not after waiting)
So it was a day I should of stayed home :sign0020:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sorry to here about your misfortune! :eek:
Don't feel bad my wife once called me said she had a flat on the right rear also! She said she ran over something! When I got there to change the tire I found the handle of a pair of channel lock pliers sticking out of the side wall..!!:eek: That was really freaky..??

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Sorry you missed the car show, but it could of been a lot worse. All is well that ends well, I guess.
Another show is just around the corner. Go and enjoy.
Jeffrey

·
Registered
67,353 Posts
sorry for the bad day tom. :toilet: the car is o.k. and nobody got hurt, thats a good thing. there will be more shows. .............glass is half full.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
A screwdriver in the sidewall??:eek: Only time i've heard of that it was intentional!!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Car Trouble

A friend of mine asked the boss for a gate pass, said his wife's car was broken down and needed to get his tool box out. He actually went to another job, it ended two years later and he came back to ask for his old job. The boss said, "Well, I see you finally got her car fixed." Actual story. Charles :wavey:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts