Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of y'all are running a flipped rear axle, considering doing this to mine. Any pictures of yalls would be great.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I flipped one on my 56 2dr ht in 1966...... drag racing down Kell Blvd in Wichita Falls, Texas.. The leaf spring mounts came loose and stood the 3rd member straight up!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I flipped one on my 56 2dr ht in 1966...... drag racing down Kell Blvd in Wichita Falls, Texas.. The leaf spring mounts came loose and stood the 3rd member straight up!
Wow, must have been some torque you had there.

I am running the flipped rear, for cosmetics and cost mostly.

Won't be doing any racing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jay, that looks great! Just flip axle no lowering blocks, how'd you go about doing the front? I was thinking a SIDS drop axle and removing a couple leafs for the front

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks Jay, that looks great! Just flip axle no lowering blocks, how'd you go about doing the front? I was thinking a SIDS drop axle and removing a couple leafs for the front
No, lowering blocks, I did remove one panel from the leaf which brought it down about another 1/4 inch.

On the front I have Camaro Subframe with 2" drop spindles and 1" lowering coils from Eibach.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Josh,

That looks like a cool idea. Are you gonna do it?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think this will end up being the route I go, doing my exhaust tomorrow and have to relocate fuel tank before I do anything else... Just lacking the steel braided fuel line.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Flipped axle will also make it go backwards in drive............

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Jay... I Knew that was how it's done but when someone states something like that I wanna make sure I had a full understanding.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thanks Jay... I Knew that was how it's done but when someone states something like that I wanna make sure I had a full understanding.

I don't know why its called FLIPPED, because its not flipped at all..... Just make sure you dont flip your rear upside down. That could be a problem. The kit comes with lower shock brackets, u-bolt assemblies, and seats.

Got mine from No Limit Engineering.
www.nolimit.net

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
That looks cool.

How's the scrub line? Sure looks low in the picture but No Limit sells good stuff
Might need to go with at least an 18" wheel for safety.

Josh, talk to Nick about the scrub line and the wheel package you're using.
Just want ya to be safe.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That looks cool.

How's the scrub line? Sure looks low in the picture but No Limit sells good stuff
Might need to go with at least an 18" wheel for safety.

Josh, talk to Nick about the scrub line and the wheel package you're using.
Just want ya to be safe.
I pulled that picture down from the net for illustration of what flipped was, My truck has pretty good clearance with the full load at the tires.

I am using bumpers instead of notching the rear. because it still has 3" clearance from the rear axle and I don't plan on adding weight to it. This is level ground, I think in the illustration pic, there is a driveway incline.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am no expert, but if you plan on racing the truck, you may want to consider another route with boxing the frame so it doesn't tweak from the torque.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts