Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am wondering what the correct float setting is for the 2 WCFB Carburetors they are stock. I have 2 sets of instructions with different settings for level and drop.Witch one is correct? Thank You. Keith

1.level 1/8 pri.1/4 sec.drop 5/8 pri.3/4 sec.
2.level 3/16 for both.drop 9/16 for both.

·
Administrator
66,194 Posts
The following info was from this link:

http://wildaboutcarsonline.com/memb...68/1961_Chevrolet_Chassis_Manual_Sec_10.2.pdf

FLOAT ADJUSTMENT

1. Remove bowl cover, then disassemble and re* assemble floats without gasket for
adjustment as outlined in "Bowl Cover Lower Components" of
''Disassembly."
2. Lateral adjustment (fig. 68): Position %" float gauge in Chain Gauge Set J-7665
directly under the center of secondary float with notched portion of gauge fitted over edge
of casting as illustrated. Sides of float should just clear vertical uprights of gauge;
otherwise bend float arms as required. Repeat this adjustment on the primary float using lfs"
float gauge.
3. Vertical adjustment (fig. 68): With float gauges positioned as in the above, tops of
floats should just clear the horizontal bar of gauges, otherwise bend arms of floats as
required. Proper distance between top of floats and bowl cover is lJ4-inch on secondary
floats and lfs-inch on primary floats.

FLOAT DROP ADJUSTMENT

1. Drop measurement must be made with bowl cover gasket removed.
2. Float drop adjustment (fig. 73). With bowl cover held in upright position and
measuring from the lowest point of the floats, the distance between the bottom of the
floats and the bottom of the bowl cover should be 2 inches for primary and
secondary floats (fig. 73). Bend float tangs as re* quired to achieve this distance. Tool
is in Chain Gauge Set J-7665.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi I am wondering what the correct float setting is for the 2 WCFB Carburetors they are stock. I have 2 sets of instructions with different settings for level and drop.Witch one is correct? Thank You. Keith

1.level 1/8 pri.1/4 sec.drop 5/8 pri.3/4 sec.
2.level 3/16 for both.drop 9/16 for both.
According to this, number 1 is correct.

Ernie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts