Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we were watching youtube and trying to find the right exchaust for the 56. I found a guy who put a set of 50 series flowmasters on his 305 chev which sounded good. The question I have is the flowmaster site says the 50 and 70's are for big block and RV applications. Are the any issues for us to consider by wanting to use the 50's on our basically stock lower HP 350?

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
kickman i have 50 series on my 350 and you can hear them on my thread about the new bucket seats have a listen tell me what you think]ps they throw out a lot of drone at certain speeds so i had to sound deaden the car]kick i really can,t remember if i have 40 or 50 series sorry

·
Registered
38,698 Posts
"Are the any issues for us to consider by wanting to use the 50's on our basically stock lower HP 350?"

No, if you like the sound, use them.

I put 3" 70s on mine (350 LT1 EFI), thinking I'd get the Flowmaster sound but not quite so loud. Yet to hear them, but I'm pretty confident I'll like it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
My belief is that from the collectors back you see more issues from restrictive flow than you will ever see from easy of a flow - so then it it all comes down to sound.

Think of the guys who run cut outs - they don't spend an hour retuning just cuz they open em.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,100 Posts
I have Delta 50 series (3 chamber)Flowmaster mufflers on mine and I love the sound !
make sure you buy 3 chamber mufflers unless you really like your car to drone
(some people really do like that I guess)

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I've had several muffler combo's on my car. Flowmaster Delta 50's are by far the best I've found. Little to no dreaded FM-drone, but yet loud enough to make little kids cry and run for their momma's... for critters to jump up the side of trees and for cops to take a second look. Click on the links below and turn up your speakers for a demo. BTW, I use 2 1/2" pipes from the headers, an H-pipe, then the mufflers and 3" pipes from the mufflers aft.

·
Registered
641 Posts
55Mike, that sounds killer so now I have to decide between the 50 series or the 40 which is what I thought I wanted. Both sound great but isn't the 40 series deeper sounding than the 50 or am I just 1/2 deaf from all that loud for too many years/

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
55Mike, that sounds killer so now I have to decide between the 50 series or the 40 which is what I thought I wanted. Both sound great but isn't the 40 series deeper sounding than the 50 or am I just 1/2 deaf from all that loud for too many years/
Rich.. On my car the 40's were simply too loud (inside) for me. At about 1900 to 2100 RPM's it would develop a nasty drone... just not fun to drive with. On the outside people told me the car sounded very good. I ended up with the Delta 50's and the drone is almost completely gone and it's still plenty throaty to the world. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.