Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the advice of a few members, specifically, Roger1, I have replaced my ABC type extinguisher for a Halon one. Not cheap and not a whole lot there either. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.

Thanks to all. It's not worth it to cut corners on safety.

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I've not kept up with the l;atest extinguishers, but as a former Crash Rescue Fire Fighter, whats wrong with the ABC's. Esp for car or garage fires. kkkkkkkkk
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
As a military Fire Fighter (Crash Rescue) we were taught for structural fire use water (A), for chemical use CO2 (B) and for electrical use dry powder (C). Could use ABC on wood. Thats what I've always remembered. :tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
On the advice of a few members, specifically, Roger1, I have replaced my ABC type extinguisher for a Halon one. Not cheap and not a whole lot there either. Hopefully, I won't have to use it.
Thanks to all. It's not worth it to cut corners on safety.
Nice.

I would like to get a halon for the inside of the car. I've got a BC Purple K mounted in the trunk that I would use for an underhood fire but it sure would be nice to have the halon if I ever had an interior fire.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I was thinking of getting ones of these also, and they are kinda of pricey but worth it. I have a question though, what size is the right one needed for the car. I see they have small ones that I think are 1lb, and then 1.4 lb and also a 2.5 k think. Would hate to get one and it turns out to be to small if it ever needs to be used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts