Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the fist guy with 275.00 includes shipping in USA . Some one can use this air cleaner. Comes with an original element.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

Attachments

·
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, there was a time I kept everything.......but now I need stuff for my wagon project and this is not one of them....

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
pm sent.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
found mine. Had to cancel.
Check with 55wagoncrazy it may still be available...
Sorry for the incomvenience.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Is 55 and 57 4bl air cleaner the same?

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a 58 chevy air cleaner that looks identical are they the same?
Is 55 and 57 4bl air cleaner the same?

55, 56, 57, and 58 are all different. 55 and 56 look similar but the length of the snouts are different, and the 56 has a reinforcement spot welded to the inside of the top.

57 and 58 are lower than 55 and 56 and have a tappered piece where the snout joins the top piece. There is a difference in the number and location of reinforcing beads on the tops of 57 and 58 air cleaners.

Ernie

·
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also Truck 4 bbl air cleaners look very close

This is a 100% correct 55 2nd design with the oval opeining. Early 55 4 bbl air cleaners have the round snout, like the one in this photo.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

Attachments

·
Registered
887 Posts
55, 56, 57, and 58 are all different. 55 and 56 look similar but the length of the snouts are different, and the 56 has a reinforcement spot welded to the inside of the top.

57 and 58 are lower than 55 and 56 and have a tappered piece where the snout joins the top piece. There is a difference in the number and location of reinforcing beads on the tops of 57 and 58 air cleaners.

Ernie
Thanks for the info! I need one for a 57 if anyone knows of one for sale!

·
12,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe if you scroll through this classified section, there is one for sale. Scroll back about 5-6 pages, about a month, and you should find it.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.