Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys and gals, exciting news about something that has often peaked my attention. Earl Swift is writing a book about a 57 chevy wagon which is to be released later this year, the title is "Auto Biography" and it's about a 57 chevy townsman wagon, well it's also about the man restoring the car and going back through all the previous owners from the day it rolled off the line. (I have often wanted to do this) I think its interesting to think of all the people who had, modified, repaired, and loved my old 57 before me. In an interview today I heard him talk about it saying, "of the 13 previous owners of the car in his book, only 2 were older than the car itself" just thought I would share if you might enjoy reading.

Charles

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
that has to be hard to do. got to get a little lucky.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He said that in Virginia the DMV didnt maintain records for title transfers prior to about 1980, so he would talk to the owner at that time to find out who he bought the car from, and so on back through the years.

I know that my car was crashed in the drivers side by someone thru the years... probably more than once, I know the previous owner but no one past him...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts