Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 40 of 77 Posts
I feel your pain. This is a pic of the front of my house a week ago Saturday. Though it has melted quite a bit since then we aren't about to bring out the old cars anytime soon.
Snow Window Sky Building Branch
Snow Building Window Sky Slope

In Southern CT, we hadn't had any measurable snow until Feb 28. It seems that March is the worst month, when it should be an end to Winter. It is now snowing as I type this! The last I heard the Northern part of the state is expecting a foot of snow from this storm... Yuk!

I love snow, as long as I don't have to deal with it. I like the quiet it brings. Even as a kid I didn't like cold weather. It would come a big snow and everyone's out playing in it and I was sitting in the house where it's warm and reading a book. Anything below 50 is cold to me :ROFLMAO: I spent basic training in San Antonio through the hottest of summer July-August and was sent to Rantoul Illinois @Chanute AFB for tech school through the winter and thought I'd freeze to death!!

Discussion starter · #27 ·
No wonder you are looking to retire. Removing snow in your neck of the woods is a full time job in itself.
Well that (retirement) thought went out the window........when I needed a new to me truck. I think next year I will invest in a plow for the front of it... (y)
Yesterday I spent 4 hours behind a snow blower........@ 69 it isn't much "fun"

Snow is fun as a kid, but the kid in me lost interest as I got old enough to understand the struggles it brings. I loath winter now.....just
not a good time of year for much of anything old car related.

Mikey

We have had recorded snow falls this year in Utah...We have had a yearly snow fall of 600 inches in our mountains.
Where in Utah?...
Up there. We've had snow in the valley, but it doesn't seem to last too long here (still had to use the snowblower several times, however). The closer you get to the mountains the more snow ya gets. The golf course in town is open so I can ski in the morning then come home & play a round of golf.

Cloud Ecoregion Sky Natural landscape Building

This day was glorious! :cool::
Sky Cloud Snow Mountain Slope

Up there. We've had snow in the valley, but it doesn't seem to last too long here (still had to use the snowblower several times, however). The closer you get to the mountains the more snow ya gets. The golf course in town is open so I can ski in the morning then come home & play a round of golf.

This day was glorious! :cool::
View attachment 391256
Snowbasin?

you could always go back to bed and hibernate til the snow melts... like a good southern man should do! :)

IIRC Mikey's wife was/is from Wisconsin and desired that move...

Yep. John Paul lift. šŸ˜
Been there twice, its pretty easy to recognize thier lodges. Havent been there on a day anything off trail wasnt cruncy, but they have some of the widest groomers. coming from the ice coast, its so nice to crank out some super grippy turns there. And, hands down, Snowbasin has the fanciest restrooms, of like any ski resort, and might even rival some of the fanciest resteraunts.

On the flip side, everytime i have gotten off the tram at Snowbird, its blowing 90 mph, snowing like crazy, and cant see a darn thing. Only time i had vertigo, and that was something wild.

Just finished cleaning up after our latest nor'eastah here in Maine. Ten inches of wet cement snow, its a pain to move but I look at the plusses. When the storm passes and the sun shines God shows a beautiful landscape for sure. Maine is snowmobile/ski country, the tourists flock here to experience this. Everyone in the landscape business plows snow all winter. Snow also benefits the farmer, trace elements in water that wash away in rain slowly leach into the soil as snow melts.

My sister in SW New Hampshire just got 35" out of the Nor'easter that just wound down yesterday morning. A very wet and heavy snow. Lost power for two days. She was able to stay with a friend with a whole house genrator the second night.

WE have been pounded around my place for the past 3 weeks. Over 30 inches. Just when I
get it cleared enough to move around, here comes more. I'm physically worn out from all the
winter "fun" I'm having just trying to exist.

Last night I spent an hour blowing snow. This morning it was all filled back in and more. Drifts
on top of drifts. This morning I was up early to clear just enough of an area so my wife could
escape and get to work! Later I will move some more so I can get my truck out of the shop,
a 2 foot drift is needed to be moved.

I know? Why did I ever leave Texas? Trust me, a minute of every day doesn't go by that I don't
ask myself the same question.

Mikey
View attachment 391111 View attachment 391112 View attachment 391113 View attachment 391114 View attachment 391115 View attachment 391116 View attachment 391117 View attachment 391118
Well just to make you feel better it is currently 79Ā° degrees here in Pflugerville Texas, just on the Northeast of Austin. Just came inside from working, cutting up some tree limbs. It's really nice outside. And now for my hard work outside I am drinking a cold LONE STAR šŸŗšŸ˜

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Well just to make you feel better it is currently 79Ā° degrees here in Pflugerville Texas, just on the Northeast of Austin. Just came inside from working, cutting up some tree limbs. It's really nice outside. And now for my hard work outside I am drinking a cold LONE STAR šŸŗšŸ˜
Would that me PaaaFlugerville just north and east of Austin. I know it well. I lived in South Austin for almost 3 years. Moved up her for family
and yes it is the dumbest thing I ever did from a business and antique car guy point of view.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.