Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
good thought for sure. I'm debating if i do something like this or have a 9" built for it and be done with it. That way if my power goals change down the road, i'm good.
JMO, sell the original to a purist, put the money towards a 9in. ( I hear the bashing already) and have the piece of mind that a 9in. will handle any street power you throw at it in the future. I run a QP housing and axle package (Moser 31 spl.axle) and a locally sourced 9in. from a mid 70's 4x4 Ford pickup. Sold the housing, which paid for most of the cost of the rebuild kit of the 9in Traction Lock, a F--D friend helped with the rebuild of the 3rd. member. Much cheaper than a first gen Camaro or 68-72 Nova 12 bolt , orig. or from the aftermarket.
Works great!!
Larry.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
[My dislike for 9s is longstanding I ran one in my 67 Camaro in the 70s before it was the monkey see, monkey do in thing, in fact I still have a 60 inch wide 67-70 Mustang housing for sale. I have been trying to dump it for a year.

·
Registered
983 Posts
If bolt in is an option, suggest you look at Quick Performance. They are a sponsor here and should be able to offer a bolt-in unit at a reasonable price

I had them build me a custom 9" Ford that bolted right in with absolutely no modifications required. I like their setup because they drill the axle flanges so that you can keep your original wheels. They have a good tool on their website where you can pick the options you want and see instantly how much each costs. Mine is a few years old now and I've never looked back.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts