Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the 57 out for a shake down cruise and was talking to a friend when I found out his uncle who lives close by had a auto salvage yard back in the 50's and early sixties. The uncle has since moved a few miles closer to town but the salvage yard is still there, WAYYYY off the main highwayand from what my friend said at the end of a old dirt road. My buddy told me another mutual friend of ours, who makes Sofas from old car rear ends, recently went out there and bought four 55 to 57 chevys from him. I talked to the other friend with the sofas and he paid $250 a piece for them. Ouch! He turned around and sold what he didn't use to a body shop here in town ( probably for more than he paid for them, lol). I plan to check this yard out this week and see what turns up. May be a great find for parts. Heaven only knows what could be in a 50's/60's salvage yard that closed up in the 60's. I'll post on this thread later and update you on what I see out there.

Steve From Arkansas

·
Registered
4 Posts
I call first dibs on any trifive wagons and SWB pickups (after Steve and our Admin, of course ;)). It seems to me as though that area (GA, AL, AR, TN, etc.) has more old car junkyards than the west coast. Granted they are more rusty than good WC cars, but still. I'd be up to visiting that yard one of these days (I'll be in TN for half a year or so)... my '57 Bel Air wagon could use some siblings and/or parts. :D

Edit: Let me know if you find a '57 Bel Air 2-door wagon in your searching around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts