Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Yep. And the seamless frame looks like it has been stubbed. They all need work to look better.

The best way to make a stock frame really good looking is to dress all the welds, then jack it up really high and slide an Art Morrison frame under it. ;)

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
where do you guys find all the money ???

Yep. And the seamless frame looks like it has been stubbed. They all need work to look better.

The best way to make a stock frame really good looking is to dress all the welds, then jack it up really high and slide an Art Morrison frame under it. ;)
most people I know cannot afford new chassis, new crate motor, 25k paint, etc, etc.
99.9% of my purchases come after much study, and savings to buy .
the people I know that can afford high dollar stuff, usually just buy a "done" car.
oh I dream about all the nice stuff, but reality settles in and I think about what will I do without to afford something,.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
12,443 Posts
Back in the day, the welders were taught to never remove the stick (welder) from contact. It saved time, and beauty was NEVER IN THE PROGRAM. The purpose was to fix the 2 sections together and do it within spec and on time. Nothing more was expected. They were a fuctional part of the car. Unlike the top of the fender etc.

Today we expect more, but we should not. That all said, there are worse frames to look at and have to restore. I have done lots of weld dressing in my day. I'ts just what owners want NOW. Maybe we should go back and tell GM to do a better job......So we don't have to fix their job. Standards change. If they were all pretty in 55-57 not as many would have been sold, ( they would have cost a lot more) and we would all be paying even more for those few that are remaining.

My 1.5 cents ( reduction due to recession)

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.