Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes Im new to this so i hope it doesn't sound to silly,i have removed the frame from a 57 sedan to have it sand blasted and i took a couple of measurment on it from corner to corner to see if it was square or if it was bent or anything, there is a half inch differance from corner to corner does anyone know if i should be concered or not i took the mesurments diagonally thanks for any help.:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mike i am measuring from the end of the frame from corner to opposite corner, I also measured the frame rails and they are both the same length.its like its out of square by the half inch that i mentioned.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Measuring the entire length like that may be off that much and not be a problem. Keep in mind that if say one end is off 1/4 inch , it will read 1/2 overall. I wouldn't be the least bit worried about it.

·
Administrator
1,297 Posts
Hi Guys
Keep in mind some times the tape measure can fool you , it has to be out a bit before you will have alignment problems. If you are concerned put the frame on stand and plum bob and use a level this will tell you quite a bit you may not see with the tape . :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts