Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trifive story starts somewhere around 1960 when my grandpa became the second owner of a 55 model 150 for a family car. My mother as well as her siblings learned to drive in this car. Over the years it bounced around between my grandpa and uncle's for ownership. In the early 90's it had a a new paint job,rebuilt engine and not sure what else done to it. My cousin drove it high school in mid 90's which is when I think the dash was cut to put a cassette radio. My uncle who has had it the last 20 plus years is not much of a car guy and wants to get it out of his garage. The last tags were put on the car in 2006. It has been sitting in his garage sense.

My parents have decided to buy it to keep it in the family. It should complement the all stock 29 model A roadster pickup (also in family from the 60's) and his 68 Volkswagen camper they have as well. it is a bigger project then my dad wants to take on so that is where I come in. Once we decide what we want to do with the car I will be doing most of the work on it. I am in Fresno and my parents are in San Diego.

I have been more involved in the 4wd world then cars so I am still trying to figure out what we want to do with the 55. I look forward to learning from the wealth of knowledge that this forum has.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
:hello: hi rock and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. ............... hint:pics-1:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive:shakehands: Neat story... :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Hello Ranger,great to have you here @bowtie-trifive and:sign0016:aboard from the Lone Star State.:shakehands: :anim_25: :sign0016:
Big Bob:flag4::bowtier:

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Rock ranger
Welcome to the forum. My son and I two days ago went to Fresno and bought a '57 2dr 150 been sitting for 15 yrs. No motor or trans. No rust LA car. Needs some missing things but is very doable. But what can you expect for 7K. Keep us informed on your new adventure.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
:sign0016: to the bowtie-trifive Rock. Happy you kept the Chevy in the family...if you see Schnurbart out there...tell him Rapper wants his grinder back. :anim_25:

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,795 Posts
:ciao:Hi there and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Good luck with the 55 RockRanger! :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive:shakehands:

eugene

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.