1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, what shocks will interchange with '56 fronts and rears
are there any ?
i have been told '55 thru to '62

i am in the uk so parts can be awkward to get not to mention the taxes we have to pay when they get here

if any modern parts interchange it can save us a fortune

is there a list of interchagable parts ?
let me know
regards tim the dools:)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I just finished rebuilding the rear springs and pulling the air shocks off of my '55 210 wagon. The shocks I installed are Monroe Gas Matics #55803 and I got them from Advance Auto Parts. Here's the link to the listing for shocks for a '55 Chevrolet: http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ypeList&suggestion=&searchTerm=shock+absorber

I don't know what you have in the way of a local supplier, but you might be able to find the same or equivalent shocks from a supplier in your country.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Is it easier to buy from Japan? That is the home of KYB gas shocks.
Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the links you have posted. I will check them out.

Because its very expensive for me to buy origanal parts for my '56 I was wondering if i buy shocks from a '58 chevy a malibu, caprice etc... would they fit my '56?

I ask this because i see alot of odd shocks on Ebay UK for a third of the price than if i were to order from the USA.

thanks again!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Is it easier to buy from Japan? That is the home of KYB gas shocks.
Jim
IM a big fan of KYBs they are priced reasonably and last a long time. I ran a set for over 100,000 miles and still worked great. I like the standard set not the heavy duty they give a nice tight ride. Not to firm or mushy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts