Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found that the front seats out of a late model lexus are perfect for Trifives. because they have the basic design of the front buckets from a 66 chevelle with a lot of extra padding, plus the headrest can be removed and they are then low backs , plus each seat has full funcion electric control on the lower side of each seat drivers and passengers,

I got a set for my 57 and they have every thing, and the best part is only 2 wires to hook them up a positive and negative.

Otis

·
Registered
16 Posts
bucket seats

How did you mount the seats. Did you use the original bosses or just drill new holes in the floor? Were the seats high enough.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to say I have not mounted them yet, But I am sure it will be no problem, I will just make an adapter if needed.

otis

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do your seats have front vertical and rear vertical for height adjustment? If so, how did you get that to work? I can get front/back, recline and lumbar but can't get the height adjustment to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have found that the front seats out of a late model lexus are perfect for Trifives. because they have the basic design of the front buckets from a 66 chevelle with a lot of extra padding, plus the headrest can be removed and they are then low backs , plus each seat has full funcion electric control on the lower side of each seat drivers and passengers,

I got a set for my 57 and they have every thing, and the best part is only 2 wires to hook them up a positive and negative.

Otis
thats what i used.. fit perfect

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
95 to 99 Tahoe, Silverado, Suburban seats without the headrests are perfect.
They have a chunky square look that matches the car really well, in my opinion.

There are two types of power tracks. You want the aluminum ones.
They are flat and all I did was use different thickness billet aluminum to make the mounts to match the step in the floor where they mount.
I even used two of the stock mounting holes for the outside bracket.

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
95 to 99 Tahoe, Silverado, Suburban seats without the headrests are perfect.
They have a chunky square look that matches the car really well, in my opinion.

There are two types of power tracks. You want the aluminum ones.
They are flat and all I did was use different thickness billet aluminum to make the mounts to match the step in the floor where they mount.
I even used two of the stock mounting holes for the outside bracket.
Those are the type of seats I'm thinking about putting in my 55 pickup. I see those are the version with the heated seats. Did you keep the heated seat function? If so, how difficult was it to hook up? I was wanting ones with heated seats, but I'm not sure if that option can be kept or not. bowtie-trifive

:gba:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts