Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to swap out the original front coil springs for a new set of lowering springs. I have never attempted this kind of work before and i know there are some safety aspects to be aware of. What is the best approach for this job, I do have access to a hoist for this work. I am also changing the shocks at the same time.

Thanks

· Premium Member
1,463 Posts
I recommend that you use jack stands and also run a chain through a coil and around the frame while you are compressing the spring. . A hoist is not needed. If needed, you might also consider replacing your A arm bushings and ball joints while you have the springs removed .

· Administrator & Tech Articles
56,486 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got the new front and rear springs installed, installed 4 new monroe shocks, and new power front disc brakes. What a difference, the front springs dropped the nose about 1.5 inches, and the new rear springs brought up the saggy rear 2 or 3 inches. Looks like an old school hot rod to me. The ride is way better and quieter, and it stops on a dime.

· Administrator & Tech Articles
56,486 Posts
Wheres the pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.