Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to extend my gratitude to all you guys who’s input in this forum I used to get this portion of my project completed safely (Rick L, Chevyman57, Rodger1, Belairdave, 55mike, mickeywester, to name a few, but they're are countless others). Some parts were challenging (how any one can remove 8 A-arm bushings in ½ an hour is beyond me), cutting the springs to get a little more drop – then discover I cut too much off – good to have a back up set. No major issues outside of the typical bone head mistakes like putting the wrong spring back in after just pulling it. Anyhow, attached are the results – before and after – McGaughy’s 2” drop spindles and disks, CPP A-arm cross shafts, 1” cut spring, all new bushings, tie rods, ball joints, etc. and Rick L’s alignment specs. What a difference. It feels so safe now with the drums gone (LF side had the wheel cylinder frozen up) – still has the single cylinder MC on it but that is going to be changed as well. Next on the agend is figuring if I want to keep the 327 or go LS1. The 327 would be trated to some good heads and a 700R4. 17's... tilt... Tough decisions. Again, thanks for the help guys!
Regards,
Carl

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have not, it's a single reservoir; it there a prop valve for that?. I have one on the new dual reservoir MC I plan to install.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Great job Carl, I'm not at that stage yet but i bet it puts a smile on your face knowing you did the work. I'm in two minds myself whether to use original motor or go the EROD LS3 but will have to wait and see:anim_25:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts