Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have a book that shows the toe-in, caster, and camber for a 2001 Ford F150 4 wheel drive Crew cab pickup. I want to line up my front end and I don't want to buy a manual unless I have too. The last two times I had a garage line up the front end on my trucks, they screwed them up and I had to redo the lineup myself. Unfortunately I don't have the manual on my current truck.

Thanks for any help that someone can give me.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly what I needed

Thanks Bellairudy, That was exactly what I was looking for. I didn't know Autozone had that site, I will use it often. I checked the alignment yesterday and it looks like it it okay except the truck had about 1/4" toe-OUT instead of toe-in. I fixed that and centered the wheel so I should be okay. I was a little surprised that the caster can be up to 6° which is what mine was set based on my calculations. The camber was .3° which should be okay, too minor to change by .1°. Most cars and regular trucks that I have done have about 2°-3° caster.

thanks again,

fiftyfivechevy

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
:eek: Wow 1/4" toe out...its good that you caught that. Tires don't like that. Yea I use autozone site a lot. I see no reason to purchase manuals for newer vehicles when I have access to sites like that one. :D Your very welcome.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The more caster - the faster the steering wheel snaps straight ahead after a turn - and the less your steering wheel is effected when towing. 4x4 uses 4-5 degrees, 4x2 can take as much as 6.5., the more caster you hade the less camber you need to still maintain good feel and feedback - it gains neg camber on right side while steering left (and gains on left when steering right)and more caster increases the camber gain rate. (which is why trucks have more caster - they are expected to have more weight trying to "push" the front straight and thus need more camber in a turn to set the tire harder).
With that much toe check all your links and joints - it came from somewhere - could be wear that is not too bad - but string it again in a couple thou miles - a bend will keep bending - and growing toe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.