Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 chevy 2 door belair with the front stainless steel moulding. I purchased the clips from either Ecklers or Danchuk for installing the moulding but can't figure out how it goes onto the moulding. It is slightly bent and has a little spring clip to hold it but It is extremely loose and I can't gigure out how it wedges in to be tight? Anyone have pictures of a clip installed in stainless before putting it on the car?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,721 Posts
I don't have a photo handy, but there is only one way the bent clip will go in. The stud MUST be above the high point in the molding. When the molding is installed the WIDE side of the molding is UP. The stud holes will also be ABOVE the high ridge on the fender.
I would not wory about the wiggle, once the nut is installed it will not move. The spring tab can be bent in a little and it will tighten up the clip. The way the clip is made, makes it almost impossible to get it wrong.

55wagoncrazy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.