Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Good Guys,

Iam sorry but here is my next problem, can anyone tell me the right distance between the Front Cross Member and the Radiator Support Assembly, i mean, 3 years ago i removed the cushions + plates + lock plate + of course the 2 bolts / nuts from the lower radiator bracket, but now i dont know the right distance. Today i have got back the last parts from the painter and i guess if i mount the Fender and the Filler Panel perhaps i can have some problems if the right distance is not ok, by the way, the 2 inner fenders are just in place and also the radiator support. I know my english is not the best (only from school ) and now iam 44 years old but i hope you understand what i mean.
Again, i need the right distance between the lower surface of the radiator support and the middle bracket of the front cross member.

Thank you so much !

Stefan

P.S. Its a very good feeling to have friends and good guys in the USA !!!

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Stephan, I don't want to cunfuse things, but others may not be the same as yours. Some require a shim or two in that space to correctly align the front sheet metal. I would suggest starting with just the rubber mount pad and snugging the two blts a little. Install the fenders and see if you having trouble getting a good gap where the fenders meet the doors. If they align well, your good. If you have problems you can then raise the core support with shims. I have usually been okay with just the one mount pad. Don't over tighten the two bolts as you may compress the rubber too much and pull the fenders down.
Fit everything before secureing anything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the hoses

Hello Mike,

Ok, i will do you say !! what do you think, is it better to lose the upper und the lower water hose from the radiator ????? My upper and lower water hose (radiator) is in place for about 2 years, because, you know, sometimes i start the engine for the battery and for driving out of the garage.........but i guess if i must come down or up with the radiator support it could be a problem for the hoses ????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts