Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Sometime soon, perhaps over the Winter, I have to replace my front seat cover, due to cracking. I did a little preliminary research and see that either Ciadella's or CARS would be the way to go. I have a convertible and on the inside of the boot, is labeled CARS. I can't be positive, but I strongly believe the interior was replaced in 1990-1991 and it could very well be a CARS interior. I have a bunch of receipts and will look again to make sure. I believe I saw it there before.
So, what I'm wondering is this: if the interior is in fact from CARS, should I buy from them for a better match to what I presently have?? Or it doesn't matter?? Maybe both use the same upholstery manufacturer?? From Ciadella's, I would have to buy both front and rear seat covers. The rear is perfect and I don't need it. Haven't checked further with CARS yet. Would like to buy just what I need. Anyone's thoughts on this?? Thanks, Carmine.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,201 Posts
I would lean towards CARS in your case, all else being equal, although after 30 yrs, it's unlikely either will be a perfect match...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would lean towards CARS in your case, all else being equal, although after 30 yrs, it's unlikely either will be a perfect match...
You're probably correct. The car is always inside and covered. Not exposed to the sun for long periods of time. Not sure how much fading has taken place. Hope the new seat covers are at least close, Carmine.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,201 Posts
They will be made the same, just as the originals, but sometimes the materials and or colors may be slightly different over the years.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
If you're only doing the front seat, I'd call and ask if they can cut a piece of material and send it to you so you can lay it on the current seat to ensure the color match is good. Then if it matches you can order the new seat cover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts