Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my axle mounted in my 57 are drag shocks needed or will a loose stock oil shock work fine seems they work well well without them just feeling out im gonna run a double eyelet style like a stocl trifive truck

·
Registered
463 Posts
I don't think it makes sense to run a drag shock if most of the driving is on the street. To be honest, I think that the difference would be so slight, that its not worth the extra money. I am running some "street rod" shocks from speedway with my axle. The ride is firm, and predictable./al

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow....5.50s.....thats moving for a Tri-5.....:anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
got to have a goal the same setup ran 6's at paradise on half track pass on low boost planning on the 57 to be lighter more dedicated platform.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Back in the day 90/10 shocks in front and 60/40 rear , let the chassis transfer pretty well although I don't subscribe to the nose bleed attitude of some I've seen. Some are posers but each to their own. I do know of a group from the Bakersfield area that are trying to organize a straight axle gasser class at Famoso, could be fun !

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back in the day 90/10 shocks in front and 60/40 rear , let the chassis transfer pretty well although I don't subscribe to the nose bleed attitude of some I've seen. Some are posers but each to their own. I do know of a group from the Bakersfield area that are trying to organize a straight axle gasser class at Famoso, could be fun !
good input this was my thoughts also i know alot of poeople go
just for looks i intend to use mine as they were meant to be. im probly crazy for throwing this combo in a axle car but im real concerned about handling on the top end as well as hooking

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I use Competition Engineering front shocks on my 55 ,part # C2620 extended length is 16.84 “, collapsed is 10.37. They are 3 way adjustable,but I leave mine on the 90/10 setting all the time( and my car is street driven on a daily basis). Less than $50.00 apiece at Summit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.