Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get the front suspension to sit right. (Fender right about even with the tire. I have Dutchman a-arms and coil over shocks. The springs are 450 LB. It has a SB 283 and has 2" dropped spindles. I know there are a lot of complicated ways to figure this out, but I am sure that out of all of you, someone has the set-up I'm looking for already in their car already.

The green line in the last picture in where I would like to end up.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,669 Posts
I'm trying to get the front suspension to sit right. (Fender right about even with the tire. I have Dutchman a-arms and coil over shocks. The springs are 450 LB. It has a SB 283 and has 2" dropped spindles. I know there are a lot of complicated ways to figure this out, but I am sure that out of all of you, someone has the set-up I'm looking for already in their car already.

The green line in the last picture in where I would like to end up.

Thanks for looking.
boy

looks like it has a long ways to drop? per last pic? Are the coil overs keepn it from where u want it :confused0006: even has 2 inch drop spindles
Ive havnt run across this issue before, but I know u will get some help here soon:anim_25:

·
12,256 Posts
Can't you just adjust your coilovers down to where you want them? I don't understand the problem...is the car the one in the pic?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm sure it's the coilovers. Once they went on it pinned the suspension at full height.

I think I need to correct this and say the coil springs.

·
12,256 Posts
Is the car assembled, or is it just the frame in your avatar? If the car is assembled, and the shocks are topped out, your springs are too stiff. What type of coilovers are you using?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is assembled, the coilovers are Alden's, Not sure of the open and closed length, but they look to be almost all the way open.

·
12,256 Posts
Do you know what Aldans you're using? http://aldaneagle.com/shocks.html

If the shocks are all the way extended, your springs are too stiff. If you could give me more information, I could help pick a better spring rate.

What is the distance from the lower a-arm pivot to the lower balljoint?
What is the distance from the lower a-arm pivot the the shock mount?
What is the Aldan shock model you have? (see link)
What is the shock length at desired ride height?
What is the shock angle at desired ride height?

You want to run the shock 1/3 to 1/2 compressed at the desired ride height.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Did you get the coilovers from duchman or some one else? They desined there a arms dont think that would be it just a thought.I got my a arms and coil overs from them in one kit i hope this is not a problem!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you know what Aldans you're using? http://aldaneagle.com/shocks.html

If the shocks are all the way extended, your springs are too stiff. If you could give me more information, I could help pick a better spring rate.

What is the distance from the lower a-arm pivot to the lower balljoint?
What is the distance from the lower a-arm pivot the the shock mount?
What is the Aldan shock model you have? (see link)
What is the shock length at desired ride height?
What is the shock angle at desired ride height?

You want to run the shock 1/3 to 1/2 compressed at the desired ride height.
I will try and get the info together this weekend. Thank you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you get the coilovers from duchman or some one else? They desined there a arms dont think that would be it just a thought.I got my a arms and coil overs from them in one kit i hope this is not a problem!!
Are you going to run a small block? What LB springs did you get?
My parts were purchased 6-7+ years ago, as I bought the car in parts. I think they use QA1 parts now, mine are Alden.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts