Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 55 sedan delivery,2 inch dropped spindles,1 inch dropped springs.15 X 8 inch American Racing classic wheels.What size tires can I use to get some clearence on front fenders?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
The rim size is actually 15x8.5 with 3 inch backspacing.
Thanks,Stuart
I'd look for some other rims, unless you want to narrow the rear and pocket your springs I don't think those will work anywhere on a 55-57. Definatley not the front.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Those are tough to fit even on a stock height car. Definitely will not fit a lowered car with disc brakes, not even with drum brakes. Those are 1960's vintage American wheels. The wheel itself might not even clear the caliper on the disc brakes since those were cast for drum brakes. May even hit on the rear wheels. Those were used back in the day when we jacked our cars up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks , you seem to have a lot of knowledge.Can you suggest some wheels.I really like the "fat" spokes on these old AR wheels. Also my car has rear spring pocket kit and I would like to put as large a wheel on the back as possible.I do not care if the wheels are different sizes from fron to back.
Thanks for any input.
Stuart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts