Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 56 Belair ready for last coat of primer and then off to paint however; when doing the sheet metal work around the cowls and upper "A" pillairs (which were almost non exsistant) I quickly realized I need to replace the holes for the lower windshield stainless. The doner sheet metal did not have the holes. My delema is since there wasn't any holes there and there wasn't any in the donor pieces does any one have a pattern or tech illustration that could help me out? I need something I can transfer the holes from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
holes

WOW, i STUMPED EVERY ONE.
What I need is the location of the hole that holds the clip that the lower corner stainless of the front windshield attaches to.

·
Administrator
49,350 Posts
WTR, my 57 is a sedan, measuring from the door side of the w/s post there are 4 holes. all are measured from the post. 1st-4 5/8,2nd-11 1/2,3rd-30 5/8,4th-39 5/8 .The 11 1/2 hole is a 1/4inch hole. All the rest are #6 or #8 screw holes. The 56 out back still had the trim on but the 57 should be about the same i`d think.
Terry

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stainless

chevman57 said:
Is it a hdtp or sedan? I don`t have a 56.... well i have a 56 wagon out back but don`t know for sure if the trim is off or on.
Terry

Terry, It is a 4 door Sedan
Thanx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holes for stainless

chevman57 said:
WTR, my 57 is a sedan, measuring from the door side of the w/s post there are 4 holes. all are measured from the post. 1st-4 5/8,2nd-11 1/2,3rd-30 5/8,4th-39 5/8 .The 11 1/2 hole is a 1/4inch hole. All the rest are #6 or #8 screw holes. The 56 out back still had the trim on but the 57 should be about the same i`d think.
Terry
Terry,
Thank you
If you have measurements for a 56 that would be great
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts