Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do yawll think? I just rebuilt my fuel system.
  • running a 4160 750 Holley
  • new niccop hard line
-added a return line from a new added regulator ( was putting out about 9 or 10 lbs so I incorporated the regulator)
- using the mechanical pump
-ran my lines on the outside of the frame with 100 micron filter near the back & 30 micron right before carb.
- rebuilt carb

about to fire up, just got to get gas.
Is there anything I'm missing?

· Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,392 Posts
set fuel pressure with engine running

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do yawll think? I just rebuilt my fuel system.
  • running a 4160 750 Holley
  • new niccop hard line
-added a return line from a new added regulator ( was putting out about 9 or 10 lbs so I incorporated the regulator)
- using the mechanical pump
-ran my lines on the outside of the frame with 100 micron filter near the back & 30 micron right before carb.
- rebuilt carb

about to fire up, just got to get gas.
Is there anything I'm missing?
Well, I got the car started after putting a few drops of gas in the carb & it dies after about 7 seconds. it burns the gas I put in & then runs a little longer & dies. I adjusted the regulator & float bowls but no luck. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Unhook fuel line and ignition. Run hose into container. Confirm fuel flows when cranking motor over. Then its just the regulator, filter and the carb. Make sure the regulator is facing correctly if directional.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Can also get small squirt bottle like a round ketchup one and fill bowls with fuel thru vent. Helps give the carb a little time to get air out of fuel system.

· Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,392 Posts
how big is the return line and did you put an orifice on the return line. you might be flowing all the fuel back to the tank.

Reactions: 68Dart
1 - 6 of 6 Posts