Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ask all your questions here, or help answer questions posted.

Fuel Systems, Fuel Injection, Carburation, Supercharging, Questions and answers

·
Registered
4 Posts
what lenth drive do I need ?

I have a jimmy 671 for my rat and mostlt stock brackets and accesories and the drive I have seems like it will be too short . What is recomended for a long waterpump BBC? I have a Weind intake .

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Chevy LT1 / 200 4R

Hello.

I just buy a automatic transmission a 200 4R and think of mounting it to a Chevy LT 1.
Is it anyone that mount this in their car?

thankful for answers.

Best Regards
Owe Hellberg

·
Registered
7 Posts
TPI fuel inj.

I have a tpi fuel injection system. tell me if i can look at the system & tell if it a late mod or pre 90. Thanks Mel.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Look to see if there is a 9th injector. It will be on the left side about 2/3rds back in the intake behind the runner. Also look at the right side of the plenum, there will be a MAP sensor bolted to the side with 2 bolts. These things indicate a SD (speed density) set up as opposed to the earlier MAF (mass air flow) system.

This fellow has some good info.

http://chevythunder.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for carb part

Hi,
I can't seem to find the bottom thick base gasket or spacer for my carb. Does anyone know who might have one in stock to sell me.

r/Henry

·
Registered
4 Posts
fuel pump?

I just got a 56 210 and discovered that it won't start. when a small amount of gas is poured in the carb it will start and run until that is gone, but then dies. there is fuel in the tank, so I guess it's the fuel pump? I have only spent a few minutes looking for it, since I'm storing it away from home, but haven't located it. I realize it's mechanical, but haven't eyeballed it yet.

any tips on this problem? can someone give me a quick clue where the pump is located so I don't waste time looking next time I can get out there?

thanks.

·
Registered
68,253 Posts
hi braando and welcome! would be good to start a new thread with any question you might have. also good to do an intro and say hello. congrats on getting your 56 210(good taste ;)). fuel pump on my 350 & 327 are located on passenger side towards the front of eng. . you can also just follow the fuel lines from carb or tank. good to have you here :tu:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks carl. I didnt see any headings where I thought I could put my message, so I stuck in in here. maybe I am just too new to know where to look.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,072 Posts
Welcome to TRI-FIVE!!!
No problem. :) Just under the title "Fuel Systems, Fuel Injection, Carburation, Supercharging" , there is a box called "NEW THREAD" .

·
Registered
16 Posts
305 TPI efi installation

Hi EVERYBODY!

I am installing a 305 TPI-EFI system into 57Convert.
Anyone with experience in changing the fuel lines/pumps etc?

WHat about a stock mounted sending unit with/wo efi pump?

KM

·
Registered
480 Posts
Welcome to TriFive, MacAonghais. Search the older posts; there is an incredible amount of valuable info there. You can also start a new thread for your topic. Also, drop into the welcome forum where you can say hello and tell us about your project.

·
Registered
11 Posts
need help with major carb issues. I have a 600cfm edelbrock carb on a single carb tunnel ram intake. The carb is about two years old with very little running time. I drove the car for the first time in months and it ran fine for abbout 1/2 hour then the problems started. First I noticed fuel leaking around the throttle shaft, then the car started to run rough and would not keep a constant idle. If you turn the adjusting screws in at the front of the carb all the way in the car continues to run. howerver if you place your hands over the top of the carb the engine will die. I removed the hose from the pcv valve at the carb the idle went way up instead on dieing. Thanks for any assistance you can give me on this carb issue. Al

·
27,072 Posts
First I noticed fuel leaking around the throttle shaft, then the car started to run rough and would not keep a constant idle.
Al
I suspect that there is some dirt under the float needle, causeing it to run way too rich. You may need to clean the carb and check the fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Fuel injection similiar to 1957

Ask all your questions here, or help answer questions posted.

Fuel Systems, Fuel Injection, Carburation, Supercharging, Questions and answers
I recently saw an add for a fuel injection system that looked very similiar to the 1957 rochester fuel injection but it used modern electronic fuel injectors. Now I can't find the add or remember :) the name of the company that manfactures it. Any ideas?

·
27,072 Posts

·
27,072 Posts
Thanks for the help Don. Do you know anyone who has used this system?

Richard
As far as I know, the system is the same as the General Motor Performance Parts Ramjet, with a different shaped intake manifold/throttle body. The way I understand it, AZ Speed and Marine developed the MPFI computer for Mercruiser Boats and GM used it on the 350 and 502's.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts