Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got back into working on my 57 bel air wgn just drained lots of nasty liquid vanish out of my gas tank what is the easiest way to clean that crap out without pulling tank out. i do have a drain plug any special solvent or cleaner i can use? please help tony

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Pull it anyway.

I suggest removing the tank so you can visually insure it is clean. A couple gallons of mineral spirits or Berrymen's ChemTool should work nicely.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
just got back into working on my 57 bel air wgn just drained lots of nasty liquid vanish out of my gas tank what is the easiest way to clean that crap out without pulling tank out. i do have a drain plug any special solvent or cleaner i can use? please help tony
Even though it's a lot harder to pull the tank out of a wagon, I think it would be worth it to take it out and have it vatted at a radiator shop.

·
RIP 02-03-2022
50,809 Posts

I took mine to local radiator shop and had it cleaned.....worked great. :tu
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.