Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop is at the airport in my hanger and I pretty much use avegas in my cars (100 octain low led). Even use it in my model A. The cars have seemed to really like it , and the real reason I use it is because it does not break down or does not gum up the carbs or fuel lines even if it sits for 2 or 3 years. It is 100 octain and I was wondering about the engine set up, as in timeing. Also was questioning the led as there is a little lead still in avegas. Maby like foueling plugs, or a littli more carbon build up in the combustion chamber. In the aiplane I have to lean aggressively during taxie and then in cruse we run very lean, in fact quite a bit lean of peak EGT. I was thinking it would tend to foul plugs a little more since there os no way to lean auto engines without changeing jets. Any thoughts out there. Sharkey 5557.

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting posts. Really the only reason I use it is because of the stability issue, Maby its not a good idea. Besides its a couple bucks + per gallon more. Avegas is not going to be available much longer anyway. Thanks for the come backs. Sharkey 5557.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.