Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took off the instrument pod the other day...trying to see if a wire shorted to the speedo. After I checked everything, I fitted the pod in and hooked up the fuel gauge two wires and ground then the speedo pin then lastly, the temp gauge two wires. I found the tan wire but not the green one. I peered in and over the pod (I dont use a steering wheel puller; instead I just unbolt the steering column and lean on top of the wheel) but still didnt see the green wire...so I took the pod out and saw a green wire coming out of a harness close to the tan wire. BUT...it was cleanly cut! I muttered, " ***" and couldnt understand how the wire got cut and it was a bit darker green. I thought was the terminal spade end spliced on and taped and it fell off? Checked the carpet, got a flashlight and looked it the instrument hole but nothing...thought this is the weirdest thing ever...guess I'll have to go to radio shack and buy an end terminal and splice it back on.
I slumped back onto the seat zoned out thinking where the hell is that little green wire with the terminal end on it??? It has been there the many times I took the pod off and on during the last three years! Giving up, I went to get out and get my ass to radio shack when my knee hit the dashboard and PLING!...a little green wire drops down from under the headlight switch with a beautiful little terminal on it...I was never so happy..it coiled itself up behing the headlight switch and the flashlight didnt detect it. Put everything back and laughed at how things can suddenly go bad and be puzzling then downright funny...all's well that ends well. Thanks for listening to my story...I told the wife when she came home from the nail salon...passionately telling it and she just said, "good". So glad I have my trifive bros to tell a story no one else cares about or understands.

·
Registered
67,732 Posts
know your a happy camper johnny. :auto3:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know how you have something happened thats unique and somewhat bad and you think to yourself, "I'll share it with my buddies and then it'll be funny but then they make jokes and you feel worse? Well, now you guys that are mentioning the lucky penny I found in Belle's ashtray have me spooked because my skydrive speedo stopped working after two months. I have the penny in a bezel I bought and I wore around my neck with another medallion but the bezel clasp broke so the penny is on my bedroom dresser...maybe until I get a new bezel clasp...I'll put it back in Belle's ashtray..kinda like removing a sacred tablet from the mummy's tomb and the damn mummy comes after ya!:sign0020::sign0020::sign0020:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Harry for the chilling trailers to those great scary movies...too real for me having had the green wire disappear! :sign0020:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts