Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking around with a buddy last saturday at the classic car auction here in Chattanooga. A 63 impala SS rolled by to go up on the auction block later. We walked to look it over and the amount of runs and sags in the paint was really bad. I could not believe how many their was. Anyway when i pointed them out to my buddy he said it looked like a Stevie Wonder paint job to him. The more i thought about what he said the funnier it got. Some how it just created an image of Stevie Wonder painting that car while singing one of his songs in my head and every time i think about it a start laughing again.

·
Registered
1956 Nomad RHD, mofified, 1955 Nomad RHD,restored 1957 Nomad RHD, still in progress
1,518 Posts
Was at an auction up north a while back and they were selling a lot of tri5's. I was standing off to the front of the cars and a yellow/black 56 4 door hardtop came up for auction. From my position you could see all the wavy panels, and the stainless moldings were all over the place.

I took a few photos of the cars and one of my mates saw that car and his eyes lit up. Wanted to know whether it sold, for how much etc, and asked what it was like. Told him that Ray Charles did the body and paint and Stevie Wonder did the fitting of the moldings. Took him a little while to get my drift. :)

Troy, I think we think alike.:)

Cheers, Des

·
Administrator
70,795 Posts
Was at an auction up north a while back and they were selling a lot of tri5's. I was standing off to the front of the cars and a yellow/black 56 4 door hardtop came up for auction. From my position you could see all the wavy panels, and the stainless moldings were all over the place.

I took a few photos of the cars and one of my mates saw that car and his eyes lit up. Wanted to know whether it sold, for how much etc, and asked what it was like. Told him that Ray Charles did the body and paint and Stevie Wonder did the fitting of the moldings. Took him a little while to get my drift. :)

Troy, I think we think alike.:)

Cheers, Des
Now thats a picture I cant get out of my head, I saw a show once that had Stevie Wonder driving a car around, just wanted to know what the feeling was like behind the wheel. Picture the ace of the passenger :)

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When my buddy made that initial statement and i quit laughing i ask where he came up with that one. He said he just then thought of it and might never remember it again and i said dont worry i will remember that one because it funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.