Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a American Auto Wire Kit over 6 years ago and installing now. Dash is completely empty on the 1957. I don't want to install the Fuse Panel on the kick panel as instructions say. Want to hide it up under the dash. I see there is a threaded bolt coming down just above fresh air intake hole on top of dash towards the firewall. I closed off (welded shut) the intake hole, so not a problem blocking anything. Made an "L" shaped holder/hanger for the fuse panel and drilled holes for mounting and a hole for the threaded bolt from the dash to go thru. Put it up in place and put a nut on threaded bolt. It hangs just to the left of the bolts holding the hood hinges, so I can get to them if needed.

My question is: Will this cause a problem with installing anything else with it located here? I'm going to install raingear and vintage air. It seems to be out of the way for everything. The only thing that I can see is the duct work for the vintage air. Using factory cut holes in dash for repop AC vents. Even at that, it looks like enough room. Just want to know if someone else has done something like this before I try and put it all together to find out it won't work.
Any comments and answers are appreciated.

Pic 1 - aluminum bracket
Pic 2 - aluminum bracket mounted under dash
Pic 3 - Fuse panel mounted on bracket underdash - looking thru odometer hole.

thanks, Fuzz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Fuzz, I put mine in the same area, and worked out fine. As long as you can install the upper hood hinge bolt, you should be ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts