Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one I have read some post on this I know it as been ask before,On the left side of the fuse panel where the 3 amp goesI have no power the fuse look good where the gray wire goes,the cigarette,heater all work,sthe pinkhas power.Rickmass: thank,s

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,021 Posts
Hi every one I have read some post on this I know it as been ask before,On the left side of the fuse panel where the 3 amp goesI have no power the fuse look good where the gray wire goes,the cigarette,heater all work,sthe pinkhas power.Rickmass: thank,s
The 3 amp fuse gets power through the dash dimmer rheostat on the headlight switch by way of the green wire. The dimmer rheostat is probably burned out. A temporary fix is to move the green wire to the spare terminal on the headlight switch next to the tail light (black wire) terminal. The dash lights will then be full bright.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
I would remove the headlight switch and check the reostat in it. Also clean the tab where it makes to ground. Check the condition of the reostat (coiled wire that looks like a slinky)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone know if the wires that go to the head switch come out of the plug,i have fond a burn wire that goes to the plug.Rick thank,s

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,021 Posts
does anyone know if the wires that go to the head switch come out of the plug,i have fond a burn wire that goes to the plug.Rick thank,s
The terminals can be removed out of the connector, by inserting a small narrow screwdriver (Jewlers size) into the slot next to the back of the terminal to bend the tab down that latches it into the connector plug. You can see the tiny tab on the bottom side of this terminal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts