Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new fuse panel and it has a small wiring harness that came with it.. It has three wires Red, Pink and grey. We are using a stock new under dash harness. My question is do I use these 3 new wires as the old fuse panel did not have these? Thanks Deb

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
I'm sure Don can answer in more detail but the red is used for constant power and the pink is for accessory power. I belivev the grey is used for the headlight/dash circuit. Were there any wiring instructions that can with the new fuse panel?

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,082 Posts
I just bought a new fuse panel and it has a small wiring harness that came with it.. It has three wires Red, Pink and grey. We are using a stock new under dash harness. My question is do I use these 3 new wires as the old fuse panel did not have these? Thanks Deb
Is the fuse panel you bought like the old panel or is it an modern style panel? If it's like the original, I don't think you use the small harness, the wires are in the under dash harness.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new panel is like the old one. So I don't need to use the 3 new wires as I am using a new wiring harness in the car. Deb

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,917 Posts
Where did you get the fuse panel at? Do you have a part number?

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
The new panel is like the old one. So I don't need to use the 3 new wires as I am using a new wiring harness in the car. Deb
If its an new (original style) panel your new harness should wire right to it and the small harness would not be needed.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,082 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts