Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question....but I'll ask it anyway. Does anyone out there know the definitive answer regarding the window fuzzies. Do they go on both sides or just one side of the windows on a 57 hardtop? I have seen them on one side, both sides and none at all at car shows. The CCC judging manual says to check them, the assembly manual and the rapair manual doesn't really tell you where they go.

I know someone will know the answer, Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this the same for the '55 Convertible????? I just found this thread and am right at the point where I'm installing the power windows back in the car, and putting the trim on the doors/quarters

·
Registered
277 Posts
I to have seen them every which way. I like detail so I put the fuzzy's or "cat wiskers" on both sides of the window on this '57 convert. That means the door, the window molding, the quarter panel and quarter window molding. Don't realy care what the judges think, the windows are nice and tight feeling, looks good, and keeps the dirt out. Sorry, terrible pic's, looks better in person or a pic outside when weather permits! Lon

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
My '57 2 Dr HT has what appears to be the remnants of original fuzzies on both sides of the glass on the doors. They are so worn away, but they are still there. It's funny, because that is my next project this winter, and it didn't even occur to me that they may not belong there. I intend to put them in, to keep things tight. My car is not original, so I'm not worried about the technical judging. I did have a friend whose fuzzies were so tight, they actually scratched his quarter windows when he rolled them down. Something to be mindful of. John

·
Registered
277 Posts
I forgot to mention that I do not use rivits, staples or screws to mount them, just ruff up the back of the "fuzzy's" and the stainless or painted window molding and apply a thin film of Mopar Black sealer. Most windows that get scratched get it from the rivits, screws, etc. Lon

·
Registered
277 Posts
Fuzzy Warning!

I may have givin out some bad advice (and pic's) conserning "fuzzy's" or "cat wiskers". After looking at several tri5'z and talking with others that have built them I can see that installing fuzzys on the doors, on both sides of the glass may not be the way to go. To me it looks real nice and detailed BUT on some cars 4 some reason the window will not roll all the way down as the chrome window frame will STOP rite at the stainless rail of the fuzzy's leaving the window sticking up a 1/2" more than flush. Please mock it up first to see if this is the way to go 4 you. Sorry 4 adding to the confusion, maybe I should be listning to the judges more! Lon

·
Registered
688 Posts
straycat I too like the look of the fuzzies on both sides of the window, when you look at cars at shows it seems like some thing is missing, I'm gonna try and put them on the inside garnish molding at least, that to me that part that looks worse

·
Registered
277 Posts
More info .................... if you like fuzzy's & details you can get away with it on each side of the glass IF it's a sedan or post type car with no chrome frame around the glass. If it's a hardtop or convert you MAY have trouble getting the window all the way down because of the interferance of the fuzzy and the chrome frame of the window. If you are building the car 4 show you would be best to consult a judge, if not than build 2 your own liking. Lon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts