Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all you classic chevy fans. I have loved the '55-6-7s since I was a kid. In 1986 I was in 7th grade when my dad bought a '56 2dr Bel Air. It sat next to the garage for 4 years until I turned 16 and then we started restoring it together. The car became my primary driver my junior and senior year of high school. After I got out of high school I thought it would be cool to have one of each year, so I bought 2 '55s, one a four door that I wanted to make into a convertible, and a 57 hard top. They were all fixer uppers, only one of which ran. 4 years after high school I decided to go to college and had to sell all of my toys. I kept the "56 Bel Air that my dad and I had restored and put it into storage. The first semester away at college, my mom called and said I needed to come home, there was a problem with the car. The place I was storing it caught fire and my car was destroyed along with 17 other classic and antique cars. I was sick. Since that time I have wanted to have another '56. Three weeks ago I found one. A 2dr Bel Air that is in decent driver condition. Now I am excited to work on it and want to say a big thank you for this site. There was nothing like this 20 years ago when my dad and I were restoring the other car. This site rocks! Anyway, glad to be a part of the tri-five forum.
nobleone

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
What a bummer to lose your car in a fire! That's something that can't be "undone." Sorry to hear about that.

Welcome to the site, we're mostly a pretty good bunch of people with similar interests. We can learn and share alike in this place. Glad to have you aboard.

·
Administrator
49,647 Posts
Welcome to the site. ard story to read but sometimes events in our loves can`t be changed or undone. All we can do is learn from them and move on. Cograts on the new 56.
Terry

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome!Congrats on the new ride....I'm an old 56 model myself!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
1957chevy said:
Foolish me, I thought you were a "Late 55" model :eek:
Nah.... my wife's a late 55 model.... But,she married a yunger feller :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome aboard! There are a lot of experienced and nice people on this forum. It is great to have all of the info you need at your finger tips. I just purchased a 55 2dr sedan a couple months ago to build. Enjoy your toy:) Scott Lavin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.