Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a reputable garage in Massachusetts that can work on my 1955 Bel Air. I currently want to get the electrical updated with a complete wire harness kit. I am having a baby in 6 weeks and don't have time to start this project myself at the moment. Anybody from Mass have any recommendations? Thanks everyone!

-Mike

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,164 Posts
I am looking for a reputable garage in Massachusetts that can work on my 1955 Bel Air.....Mike
Mike....Contact Bruce, TheHotrodHandyman....Stand-up guy....He lives in Wilmington and does a lot of work on TriFives....He should be able to do it for you or find someone who can....If you want his phone number, send me a PM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike....Contact Bruce, TheHotrodHandyman....Stand-up guy....He lives in Wilmington and does a lot of work on TriFives....He should be able to do it for you or find someone who can....If you want his phone number, send me a PM.
Thank you, I will PM you for Bruce's #.

I received a quote from another restoration garage to do the rewire and it was $3110. Does that seem about right? Their pricing for the harness is correct, but they are estimating 32 hours. Thoughts?

-Mike

·
Administrator
49,813 Posts
Not sure about the hours but it is going to take a lot more time on a completed car than on one being restored. Have to take a lot of stuff apart to install the harness.
Terry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure about the hours but it is going to take a lot more time on a completed car than on one being restored. Have to take a lot of stuff apart to install the harness.
Terry
That's a very good point. I know it would take me a very long time, but wasn't sure about a garage that specializes in restos. I assume they know what they are doing and how long it may take. Appreciate the response.

-Mike

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,164 Posts
Thank you, I will PM you for Bruce's #.

I received a quote from another restoration garage to do the rewire and it was $3110. Does that seem about right? Their pricing for the harness is correct, but they are estimating 32 hours. Thoughts?

-Mike
Are you wanting a Factory Fit or Classic Update wiring harness installed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you looking to keep the car stock or are you planning on adding A/C and other electric accessories?

Factory fit is not going to cost as much to do and I'm thinking the price you got is too high.
I don't plan on keeping the car stock. I'd like to have the option of adding other electric accessories down the road. A/C is definitely not high on the priority list though, but eventually perhaps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.