Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys into gardening? I've been at it since I was a teenager (54 now).
I finally got some time today to get mine together. Nothing fancy, a small garden. Just a few tomato plants, cucumbers, garlic and gonna put some basil in. I still have some plants to pick up. I usually start from seed but not this year, getting my old '57 ready for paint has taken up that time :)

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I got some tomatoes, okra and squash. My wife usually does the gardening,but this year I finally got into some of it. I also have blueberry and blackberries. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Garden

Nice garden, I'd post pictures of mine but I haven't mastered posting pictures yet. I have a very sandy soil so I have to water pretty often. I watered earlier today & it's raining now. It seems to do a lot better with rain water than with well water. Van

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I planted one for the first time this year. Planted some tomatoes, corn, green and red peppers, onions, potatoes, watermelons and pumpkins. So far so good. Getting some good growth. I do need to get one of those gnomes like you have.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
My wife is a gardener as a business, and doing well. Me, nope, don't like to be down on the ground, it takes too long to get up!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got some tomatoes, okra and squash. My wife usually does the gardening,but this year I finally got into some of it. I also have blueberry and blackberries. :anim_25: bowtie-trifive :gba:
We planted 5 Blueberrie plants a few years back. They are delicious.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I planted one for the first time this year. Planted some tomatoes, corn, green and red peppers, onions, potatoes, watermelons and pumpkins. So far so good. Getting some good growth. I do need to get one of those gnomes like you have.
You're gonna be hooked on gardening! The Gnome helps a lot :)

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
planted 5 different tomato plants and five different pepper plants today in fact.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Very cool...love your garden! :tu

Can't remember a year I did not plant mine, or take care of my parents, and grandparent's garden when I was a kid...just a tradition that's been handed down to me for many, many years now. I usually start my plants from the seeds I collect, but this year had other stuff to do also. I worry about the plants I purchased this year...fingers crossed that they do OK. I also have a fig tree that I need to bury each fall. Anyone here like fresh figs?

Is it OK to post pics? Here are some shots of last summer's garden :)

Attachments

·
Trifive Certified Restoration Shop
3,542 Posts
No time for the garden this year. Way too many projects and too little time in the day for all of it.

I think my Garden for the year is going to consist of Rhubarb, Strawberries, and weeds.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I like to plant a few vegetables. Tomatoes, green and yellow squash, radishes and carrots, and cantaloupe for my son ( I don't like it!) . Should of planted 6 weeks earlier but was busy with the chevy. It's just now growing good.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.