Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
l7

1953 bennett model 766, all i need is to order the glass have all the other parts

·
Registered
845 Posts
l7

1953 bennett model 766, all i need is to order the glass have all the other parts
Looks like a great start. I've had my eye out for a nice pump at the right price for a while. Good luck with the pump! What gas company are you going with?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was a shell pump so i am going back shell.cost me $100 to get it sand blasted and some rust cut out and welded up. friend of mine did the work.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
What brand are you going with ? A buddy of mine picked one of these up last year for fifty bucks, off some guy who obviously didn't know what he had. It came out nice, it's a Shell pump now, but myself I like Sunoco.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Looks like a fun project, I wish I could get one cheap enough but that will never happen.
Keep us posted with the progress.:)

·
Registered
845 Posts
it was a shell pump so i am going back shell.cost me $100 to get it sand blasted and some rust cut out and welded up. friend of mine did the work.
If and when I come across a pump, I want to put it back "Wake Up", a gas station my grandfather worked for in Bloomington Indiana. I hope you post the pictures of your progress on the pump.:trytofly:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Looks like a nice project... Always thought I wanted one too but don't really have a good place for it... Later, Dave

·
Registered
510 Posts
i really like the bennett pumps. i restored a pair of 966s and went with texaco fire chief and star chief. we had a mostly complete texaco station in our den of the old house. my wife said it had to go when we moved so i made a deal with the local harley dealer and now he has it all in his mini museum. i kept a wayne 70 tall with add glasses that is a polly gas. sits in front of the 57.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
we fixed a polly gas for my brother inlaw a few years ago and put a tv in it for him to watch

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
Great Bennett pump project, DW 55! I love old Bennett gas pumps. I did a Bennett 541 in Texaco a few years ago. Keep us updated with more pictures so we can enjoy your results.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
your texico came out great.i have not made up my mind if i want to go back with original colors or change it some. i will have to go with the orange color that is on the globe for one color but thought about black for the other to match my 55. i also have the oil pump but i need to build a new square tank for it.

·
Premium Member
5,625 Posts
your texico came out great.i have not made up my mind if i want to go back with original colors or change it some. i will have to go with the orange color that is on the globe for one color but thought about black for the other to match my 55. i also have the oil pump but i need to build a new square tank for it.
I used Corvette Torch Red.

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts