Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for diffrent ideas on what to do with my interior of my 56 ..
as of now its just straight black material on the doors and seat with black dash and black moulding no headliner yet i want to bring some color into the car so i bought a brand new moon eyes blue flake steering wheel. and a 10 yard roll of very nice black vynal but i still want some more color inside what can i do ..

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have brand new never installed "White" tuck-n-roll interior panels and headliner that I'm prolly not gonna use in my other 55. If you're interested......

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how about a white tuck and roll front seat cover ???
just got a black head liner yesterday for free still in the box...so im good on that and 2 days ago i re wrapped all the panels in very nice black leather ..came out very nice ..so now all i need to do is wrap the front seats in new cover install the headliner and my interior is good as new

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sorry man, no seats. The '64 Impala SS buckets I have for that interior are pending sale.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interior pics

Here is my 55 with 63 Oldsmobile Buckets!

Basic Black is the only color you need for a gasser!

These seats in my 55 might be for sale in the very near future.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My Dads old Buick seats

I Put these in WILD 55 back in 74-5... It has a pull doown arm rest.. Most folks thing its Buckets with the arm rest down.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine is not what I want, so the first thing when I have it in my shop is to do some seat swapping. Might go with some low back bucket seat but don't know yet. Car is scheduled to ship out to Sweden in a month or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I have brand new never installed "White" tuck-n-roll interior panels and headliner that I'm prolly not gonna use in my other 55. If you're interested......
i might be interested. my car is blue and white with a STOCK black and white (cream) interior that needs attention.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just picked these up last night. Dallas Craigslist comes through again.
120 bucks. 100% complete all the way down to the seat track adjustment knobs :). The guy says he has no idea what they came from. Neither do I but hopefully someone here does.
They measure 21 inches at the widest point across the seat and it's worth mentioning that the seat risers are adjustable to compensate for the floors. and there is no release hook to flip them forward. They guy I got them from says that that makes them pretty early in the 60's, but who knows....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Here is the interior in my 57 Gasser..I think th seats are from a Cutlass. They have a push button in the center of the seat back that once pressed allows the seat back tyo tilt forward for aces to the rear seat. Back seat is covered in the same color material but without the buttons!

This is how I bought it:

This is what it looks like now:

The main difference is the Hurst Shifter ball and shifter boot, added the Original 57 Am push button Radio, and a new horn hutton.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just picked these up last night. Dallas Craigslist comes through again.
120 bucks. 100% complete all the way down to the seat track adjustment knobs :). The guy says he has no idea what they came from. Neither do I but hopefully someone here does.
They measure 21 inches at the widest point across the seat and it's worth mentioning that the seat risers are adjustable to compensate for the floors. and there is no release hook to flip them forward. They guy I got them from says that that makes them pretty early in the 60's, but who knows....

sweet seats ...

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,402 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
What do you guys think about the diamond plate? How about engine turned door panels? Keep the ideas coming.:shakehands:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Engine turned YES...Diamond Plate NO..Just my opinon!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Steering wheel?

I like your wheel I have one buyt its to flat.. I see other for sale but there to dished.. Your is just right.. what modle and name and where did you get it?
You can see mine in my photos..
Thanks

Here is the interior in my 57 Gasser..I think th seats are from a Cutlass. They have a push button in the center of the seat back that once pressed allows the seat back tyo tilt forward for aces to the rear seat. Back seat is covered in the same color material but without the buttons!

This is how I bought it:

This is what it looks like now:

The main difference is the Hurst Shifter ball and shifter boot, added the Original 57 Am push button Radio, and a new horn hutton.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Wish I could help you out but the wheel was on the car when I bought it. I assume it is a Grant and its small (Probably 16 inch). Other than that I have no clue...Sorry!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts