Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would stay with primer.....heck i might even take rust over this!!

68,758 Posts
that is cool jerry, but (from what i can see in your avatar) so is yours in primmer. :tu

·
Registered
540 Posts
I say stay wit the the primer or go with a satin paint, they are simply Bad A## looking.. Attached is a pic of my partners 55 gasser build (Satin Black).:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
A little bigger link

Looks like an easy enough job. Just mask out the flames and paint lines of color, then unmask and voila! :tu

I looked at some of the panel jobs in the '70's for mine, then decided against it. The main thing to remember is primer (or satin black) always shows potential for what might (or might not) come. I'll stick with the flat black look with a green metalflake roof. I've always had a soft spot for a W.I.P. Subtle yet makes a statement. :D

Like my wife says, whatever turns your crank...

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
paint ideas,
my thought has always been, what ever came on the car before it was turned into a race car. i mean, most builders were in their own garage and used whatever $ they had to buy a "cheap" car and make the car fast. looks or at least shinney was second to fast. so i'm leaving the stock paint on mine, i'm gonna make it as shinney as i can without a repaint. i think primer looks cool, and i think it was a way to show a potential sponsor a "blank slate" for his logo, ect. but if you've got a red fender from one car and a blue fender from another car and a tan body from another car then the "hot rod" primer is THE way to go.....
too many flames leaves no room for potential sponsor lettering.......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
"IF" I can ever get around to it, I plan on using satin black on my 210 2-door Sedan DelRay.

That or the rat rod '57 Chevy look? :happy0009:

·
Registered
1957 Chevy BelAir 4 door sedan
78 Posts
That 55 gasser is the real deal, i've seen it race at Famoso in Bakersfield. It has been painted that way for a long time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That 55 gasser is the real deal, i've seen it race at Famoso in Bakersfield. It has been painted that way for a long time.
I figured it was an old 60 paint job.
I love the nostagia look, and I'm just a sucker for old drag cars...these were mine.
Corvette: sold it in 2009
Mopar" sold it this summer 2010

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
The 55 is from Bakersfield, owners name is Bruce, car is the real deal, blown big block set way back under the dash, 4 speed car & you sit in where the back seat used to be, it was featured in Rod & Kulture magazine a few issues ago, nice 55 & a real nice owner.

Check out dragfest.com, there is a quick shot of it doing its burn out @ Famoso.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like they used this car for the flier for the next event!
Guess I'm not the only one that thought it was cool!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe I saw that gasser at the So-Cal open house last year. Is it the one with the big blower, center and back single seat, and the lenco? The car is really wild if so!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts