Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been meaning to get real gauges in place of the idiot lights, i think that would look much nicer and more factory. i found these,made by east coast chevy but they were discontinued, does anybody know where i could still get some?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neither of them, nor ecklers, had them sadly. I'm trawling Ebay but haven't found anything yet, did anyone ever buy these? is there a template to make them somehow?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,898 Posts
I believe Don made his own (similar to those) with a donor instrument cluster.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep! ive looked into that too, and its an idea but id really prefer them to be up where the dummys are, i think that would be better

·
51,898 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Theres another idea! ive got the factory compass and I wouldn't want to obscure it, but if need be, that gauge cluster looks pretty handy. ill try to fabricate my own pods and see if I can make it work myself.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,002 Posts
I was also interested in the East Coast Chevy gauge pod, but was told a few weeks ago that they had discontinued them with no intention of doing more.

David: How does that one you show work? Does it go above the reg panel? or ??

·
51,898 Posts

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Never thought of using a pod could be interesting. Mike

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts

·
51,898 Posts
Looks good Tim :):tu

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nothing satisfactory in Jegs that i could find. while tat center speaker cluster looks good, ive made up my mind that only those metal pods over the warning lights will do. im going to try calling them to see if i can get in touch with the machine shop that made them. or at least, make my own ones.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I have a pair I'd probably sell you. I was going to do it but changed my mind. They have been modified a bit depth-wise to fit closer. I'm in the process of moving my car to another shop and need to find 'em.

Charlie

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts