Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does this have reverse flow? How far back can one go year wise and still use the heads?

Has anyone used the Summit intake with this? What size carb with a roller
Z06 cam and what is the best way to go with the distributorless engine? This will not be a race only engine and I'm not married to the Z06 cam

·
Registered
258 Posts
Does this have reverse flow? How far back can one go year wise and still use the heads?

Has anyone used the Summit intake with this? What size carb with a roller
Z06 cam and what is the best way to go with the distributorless engine? This will not be a race only engine and I'm not married to the Z06 cam
the heads are gen III specific so any ls based motor can use them with the exception of the ls7. the z06 cam has great idle quality and good lift numbers. they make good power without sacrificing drivability. not sure what your asking about as far as distributerless? i would prolly run around a 750 cfm holley with the edlebrock package on this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks 55delray. So are you saying you have to use a gen III block?
Since it's a LS2 head do you have to use the LS2 block or can u use a LS1 or LT1/4? Can you go back to the beginining of reverse flow or can you use a pre87 block assuming you use the intake developed for those heads?

The Z06 cam does not have a distributor gear so I'd have to use a button etc and have to use a crank driven system, the MSD system where the fire is oriented from the number 1 plug or use another stand alone system. Is there something else out there I can use that looks more 'primitive' for my application.

I need a carb at the very least IMO although I can go other ways. Thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I see so poorly I didn't make out ls as LS but is. So I'll need a LS1 or 2 block, pump yada.

I have someone who should know (races at Bonneville a lot) who says you can run non-reverse cooling on a reverse flow block. I think the bore to bore measurements are the same but I'm not sure. I don't think it'll work either.

When I get back from Daytona I'll simply put a head gasket on a non LS block and the Gen III head. I think you're right and appreciate your input.

The Z06 cam has no cam drive for the distributor so you have to run a distributorless system which seems to be pricey. I was looking for a way out.

I hope it's mute and the car sells.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts