Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 95098DFE-A468-4937-AF95-74D98E7067F5.jpeg 95098DFE-A468-4937-AF95-74D98E7067F5.jpeg L83 going in a 57 Chevy belair

So I received my dirty dingo Sliders and my plugs for vacuum pump today, next step is to change water pump out for a LS 2 corvette
WP to center everything. What accessory brackets are you guys using that does not change alternator location? Also slider looks to get in the way if I put a cover on opening of vacuum location. Appreciate if anyone can help me out. 95098DFE-A468-4937-AF95-74D98E7067F5.jpeg

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,007 Posts
The new L8T 6.6L Gen V used in new HD has LS style center mount water pump and has a power streering pump. But its so new that hasn’t made it to aftermaket parts so dealer only now Not sure on cost, I am betting not cheap.

The LS waterpump adapters be your best bet.

You just plug the holes not cover is needed. the LT1 just has plugs were the truck vaccum pumps are.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new L8T 6.6L Gen V used in new HD has LS style center mount water pump and has a power streering pump. But its so new that hasn’t made it to aftermaket parts so dealer only now Not sure on cost, I am betting not cheap.

The LS waterpump adapters be your best bet.

You just plug the holes not cover is needed. the LT1 just has plugs were the truck vaccum pumps are.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Am sure new style ps pumps are going to be crazy priced. So many options it not trying to sell my house to fund the project. Am just trying to keep everything factory put. Seen many accessories pullies change everything on opposite side

·
LS Tech and Moderator
11,007 Posts
Dirty dingo sell Lt to LS water pump adapter $150 and accessory drive to add PS for $250. So $400 plus cost of pumps.

But what wrong with the L83 drive? it will fit save for AC compressor. You can get a PS pump bracket for the L83 drive $120 on from LSX inovations mounts were VP was . Be cheapest way to go. Then notch cross member for AC compressor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts