Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a bit distracted by rebuilding my 1928 Ford - but glad to say I am back on track & cracking on with the 55 panel van again.

Started to fit the AAW new wiring loom - slowly but surely it is getting done - fitted a nice new grille that I picked up on E bay - very pleased with it I am and it was truly as cheap as chips ( which probably means something totally different over there)

Couple of pics that I took this morning.

Bob

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
looking good, luv the grill. :tu

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looking good Bob.
How are you finding the AAW kit?

BTW, did you have RH drive tri-5 Chevy's in the UK?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice pics, looking good. :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good Bob.
How are you finding the AAW kit?

BTW, did you have RH drive tri-5 Chevy's in the UK?
AAW kit is good - top quality - changed a few bits as I go but overall well impressed with it.

And no she is from CA - had her about 5 years - just put a IFS and a 4 bar on the back end - can't wait to get her back on the road.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I finally finished the Model A Ford - and found it realy was not my cup of tea - So I sold it to a nice Gentleman from Germany, This has meant lots more Chevy Time in the shop :)

Pulled the engine last week and replaced it with a 400ci that I had been collecting parts for, plus a few other tricky bits and so far everything is good.

After doing all the brakes,suspension , tricky shockers etc it seemed a bit boring to drive, But I have to say this new engine has certainly livened the old girl up somewhat !

I have also bought a much improved 700R4 that should be good for 500BHP as I just now - as sure as eggs is eggs - and they are - the next thing to fail will be the box.
BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

I know personal plates are popular in the US but here they are quite hard to get and usually quite spendy - But I treated the old girl to this one as she could do with some prettying up :)

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Looking good . Thanks for posting . Mike

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a delivery come in today from a guy in Birmingham ( about 3 hours North from me)

I paid £300 ( about $440 I think) for these 2 front fenders which I am going to cut about to try and repair my rear arches on the panel van.

Hopefully I will be able to pass on whatever is left to another truck owner over here.

Our Trevor likes to get involved too !

Took me about 3 months to track down these 2 fenders and then I managed to get the guy down on price - I am aware that they are still spendy but we don't have a choice over here.

This is your cue to tell me how you have a big stack of them fenders that you paid 5 bucks for :sign0020:

·
Registered
238 Posts
[

This is your cue to tell me how you have a big stack of them fenders that you paid 5 bucks for :sign0020:[/QUOTE]
To tell you the truth , its not like we have all those fenders ,doors hoods etc laying all around here in the states, at least not on the East coast of the states, the popularity over the last 10-15 years has used up quite a bit of the GOOD parts, I do here California has quite a bit, but they want good money and then shipping over here has gone out of control for pricing, Iam assuming from increase in fuel prices( or petro as you mates call it) so most of us settle for the re-pro stuff!

·
Registered
982 Posts
>>> This is your cue to tell me how you have a big stack of them fenders that you paid 5 bucks for

Don't laugh too hard. I live in Arizona, the desert. I just bought 4 fenders, a tailgate and hood, all repop because I couldn't find decent original stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts