Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I am selling what I have so far collected. When I factor in the cost to really do really right a 327 in my Jeep Comanche, I can't justify it given proximity to retirement and the need to concentrate on as much investing as possible over the next 5 years. So, I posted the following on craigs list with a need to have it pick up only in Crystal, MN, a N-NW burb of Minneapolis. If you are in area or know someone, let them/me know!

1. Brand new in box Chevrolet Performance small block Chevy cast iron Vortec cylinder heads assembled w/valves, springs, rocker arm studs. 170cc Intake Ports, 64cc Combustion Chambers, 1.940'' Int/1.500'' Exh Valves, .475'' Max Lift, Straight Plug. Bought at JEGS 3 months ago for $299.99 each. Sell pair for $500.00 firm.

2. Professional Products SBC CHEVY Vortec Dual Plane 180 degree idle to 5500rpm Aluminum Intake Manifold for spread bore new in box. Currently selling for 130.00 at KMJ Performance, $155.00 at Summit. Sell for $100.00 firm.

3. Used NV3500 5 speed transmission 2wd. Indianacoreinc on ebay said came from v8 chevy. Paid 299.00. Sell for $200.

4. 1968 large journal 327 disassembled. Was preparing to throw a rod, but block and crank and all but 2 rods good. Was checked and no cracks. If I remember correctly, .030 bore is all it will need along with crank turned. No heads. $75.00

5. 1968 327 Quadrajet 4bbl. Needs rebuilt. $20.00

Pick up only in Crystal MN.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sorry to hear you are giving it up. Wish I was closer and I would take some stuff off of your hands.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why not build it, and sell it built for a few more bucks?

I would rather let someone use the parts for their own specific build and take what I would spend finishing it and put it into retirement funds. I turn 65 in July and would like to retire at 70-72. Can't afford to before that as of now.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An update in case anyone stumbles across this: Everything except 327 itself and the carb is gone. 327 might be gone this weekend.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,746 Posts
SJ....Often have heard the term "throw a rod" However, not absolutely positive what that means.....I assume the bearings are getting worn to a critical point.

Please explain to the old man. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.