Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last monday I was going to clean out the garage enough to bring in the 57 and begin my next project... pulling the motor to freshen it up (new intake, new gasket set, etc.) and installing the new cpp 500 power steering, steering column, and power brake booster the fedex man was kind enough to deliver recently. As luck would have it, texas is very hot and I'm very lazy, so I put off the project to drink a frosty soda and play wii games with my 6 year old in the air conditioning. Why so lucky you ask? Friday night at work, while making a run to get dinner in my 2003 [email protected]&d ranger daily driver, I blew the radiator to smithereens. Probably didn't actually happen on my way to sonic, but that's where I found it. Limped the truck back to work, then spent about an hour getting it home without overheating at 1 in the morning. Unfortunately it's a "perfect storm" weekend where all my bills hit on the same day, and my children start school next week (and of course need everything) leaving no money to buy the measly 200 dollar radiator that would keep me in air conditioned bliss on this, the hottest stretch of days this year. As the 57 stepped right up and filled the daily driver gap ( :( no a/c as of yet in her), I'm extremely happy to have reliable transportation that is a blast to drive, rather than wondering what to do with 2 vehicles down, or having a marathon motor rebuild and install night where in my haste I am sure I would miss or screw something up. Besides, on my way home from work last night I had a real movie moment in the 57. I work on the road "Dazed and Confused" was mainly shot on, and at a stoplight had a beautiful Olds 442 just like in the movie pull up along side me. Lady driving and I exchanged pleasantries and drooled over each others cars before joking about "dragging" from the light. We didn't of course, but as the light turned green and she turned off, A 57 chevy big rear window pick-up much like my old one pulled out and traveled alongside me until I turned into a gas station hoping he'd stop to talk. Unfortunately he didn't, at 1am who could blame ya, but it woulda been cool to car talk. If you're on here... that was me! Anyway, driving the 57 until at least wednesday where hopefully I'll make enough cash to get the radiator, then get my project back on track. ;) good times

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Troy,
What you are experiencing is a classic case of...........Murphys Law :)
hang in there

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Your Ford was jealous,,because it knew your intentions, so it decided to teach you a lesson about cheating. Fords are that way.:)

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
thanks for the story troy. glass is half full, you get to drive the 57 every day. :five:

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
Cool story. In 62 & 63 I drove a 1958 (shudder) Ford. If I had a nickel left over it needed something that cosy 4 cents.

·
Administrator
48,728 Posts
Troy that sounds like the story of my life. Seems like i have always had something happen to take care of any extra $$$$ i ever have. The 57 is way more fun to drive any way.
Terry

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Sorry that happened to your truck... But look at the fun your having in your '57. :tu Another story of Chevy to the rescue. :tu :party0031:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Just goes to prove that "Timing is everything" Better to sweat in a 57 than to walk:vroam:Later, Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts