Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best glass cleaner to use. I've tried numerous brands and they just don't give the clean, streak finish I am looking for.

7,082 Posts
Found same at Walmart through guys from this site. I like it a lot. !!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowtier:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
I will have to try it.Thanks,Mike,

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Glass cleaner

I have used windex and a newspaper :anim_25:
Thats what I still use but was embarrassed to admit it. Windex and newspaper Old school /style. Mike

·
Registered
1956 Nomad
386 Posts
I worked at a car dealership as a detailer / lot attendant and we always got new stuff in to sample from the suppliers.

Stoner brand Invisible glass was what we kept using along with newspaper. Just take one page and loosely ball it up, works like a charm. a Sunday paper goes a long way, $1.75 gets you weeks of cleaning and a ton of coupons for the wife. Just make sure the newspaper has bleed proof ink, most do these days but The wall street journal would always leave black streaks.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Invisibleglass, eh? And that auto geek instructions is good too. Because Randy57 knows that I can't clean glass to save my life! I hate to be driving in bright sun...always see the smudge spots that I missed!

Thanks for the tips...can't be any worst than what I have been doing.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
I use Windex and a clean cloth rag.

I've never heard of using newspaper.
Doesn't the ink come out of the newspaper???

·
Premium Member
Chattanooga TN
5,335 Posts
I use coffee filters. No lint and they are cheap.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Armorall glass cleaner and microfiber cloth. :tu

·
Registered
290 Posts
GM Glass cleaner with micro-fiber. Works great.

·
Registered
239 Posts
:tuWindex and newspaper works better than most things. Also water mixed with a portion of regular house vinegar plus the newspaper again. Very much old school from the early sixties - early seventies.:tu

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks again for all the replies. I used Invisable Glass Cleaner and kept changing to a clean microfiber rag and it worked great.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts