Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Auto city glass is a favorite to this site. Is there one close to your area? Are they a nation wide company or only in MN?

·
Registered
943 Posts
warner i have a back glass that has a chip so small that after you put the rubber on you will never see it.it is factory green tint. i bumped it with my rotisserie just lightly you are welcome to it if you can arrange to get it.i am in north nashville tn.ps i would use it but i am going with new smoke gray.rusty

·
Registered
495 Posts
Check them out at www.autocityclassic.com They usually attend quite a few swap meets. I know they come to a lot of them here in Texas.
Terry
Once you find the glass, such as from Autocity for example, how do you find a shop that is experienced in installing it. I've talked to a couple of trifive-related dealers/enthusiasts locally and they don't do trifive glass installs anymore for a variety of reasons. I'm told that the SS trim is easily damaged.

Also, if you have a 'stock rod', is it really important to have date stamped glass? I would think it only matters to a stock purist.

Is it just a matter of preference between tinted and clear? Or does tinted really help with heat and sun?

·
Administrator
49,952 Posts
I've talked to a couple of trifive-related dealers/enthusiasts locally and they don't do trifive glass installs anymore for a variety of reasons. I'm told that the SS trim is easily damaged.
I installed my own glass. The stainless is pretty durn tough and hard to damage unless you get rough with it, then it will dent or bend.
Also, if you have a 'stock rod', is it really important to have date stamped glass? I would think it only matters to a stock purist.
I wouldn`t worry about the date code unless you are building a bone stock 100 point build.
Is it just a matter of preference between tinted and clear? Or does tinted really help with heat and sun?
I`d say that is a personal choice. I had my original back glass tinted.
Terry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts